Star Citizen – Terms Of Service

Forums Main Star Citizen – Terms Of Service

Viewing 8 posts - 33 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    MDrake SC
    Participant

The desperation has grown substantially.

Alpha 2.4 is now released. With it, is an updated TOS.

The new TOS can be compared with the older ones in this Imgur link. Essentially, CIG is trying to make consumers sign all their rights away. It won’t work in the EU or Australia, but the USA backers may not be so lucky.

Elite Dangerous forums have begun talking about it here.

Reddit is here. Has the Imgur link.

And the CIG forums here… before it is locked.

I am so damn glad I got my Grand Admiral refund. I’m gonna let Derek do a proper analysis of this messy TOS.

Martijn Otto
      Participant

Yeah, the bubble is finally about to burst. The new TOS is a desperate attempt by CIG/RSI to hold on to all the received money without ever having to give it back or account for it. And by signing in on their website you already agreed to the new TOS. Endgame is up folks 🙂

“YOU AGREE, THEREFORE, THAT YOU WILL NEVER ASSERT OR BRING ANY CLAIM OR SUIT AGAINST RSI, ITS PARENT COMPANY, DIVISIONS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OR ANY EMPLOYEES OF ANY OF ABOVE, WHICH IS RELATED TO OR BASED ON, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO; (I) A CLAIM THAT YOU “OWN” ANY VIRTUAL GOODS IN THE GAME, (II) A CLAIM FOR THE “VALUE” OF VIRTUAL GOODS IF RSI DELETES THEM (AND/OR TERMINATES YOUR ACCOUNT) WITH A REASONABLE CAUSE AT RSI’S SOLE DISCRETION”

“However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a firm promise and may be extended by RSI since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time.”

“you agree that any Pledge amounts applied against the Pledge Item Cost and the Game Cost shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not RSI is able to complete and deliver the Game and/or the pledge items”

“You acknowledge and agree that the Game and the pledge items delivered to you may differ in certain aspects from the description of the Game and those pledge items that was available on the Website at the time of your Pledge.”

dsmart
        Keymaster

They can deliver anything they like, and it doesn’t have to resemble anything promised and which you backed. So once they release the MVP, that’s it. Done. Goodbye. Thanks for all the fish.

Martijn Otto
          Participant

Somebody noticed this too:

“Do you also find it interesting that the new ToS doesn’t even seem to mention CIG anywhere only “RSI” and “RSI Services”?”

But backers paid CIG, not RSI. This change has to be part of a another scheme, but I don’t see how yet…

Ranger Man
            Participant

So, if we want to connect and check our account to see what we have we’re screwed because if we accept the terms we can’t resell them on the gray market or ask for a refund.  It’s been so long since I did anything I don’t remember all the models I have.

dsmart
              Keymaster

STAR CITIZEN CORPORATE ENTITIES

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

1. Cloud Imperium Games Corp CA (2013)
                2. Cloud Imperium Games LLC CA (2012)
                3. Cloud Imperium Rights LLC  CA (2017)
                4. Cloud Imperium US, LLC  DE (2017)
                5. Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC TX (2013)
                6. Cloud Imperium Games LLC TX (2012) <- dissolved
                7. Roberts Space Industries Corp CA (2013 <- dissolved 03/2018
                8. Roberts Space Industries, LLC CA (2017) <- dissolved 03/2018
                9. Roberts Space Industries, LLC TX (2018)

OTHERS

1. Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC CA (2013)
                2. Gemini 42 Productions LLC CA (2014)
                3. Twin Brothers Production Inc CA (1995) <- owned by Ortwin Freyermuth. Was used in US/EU sales & refunds
                4. Twin Bros. Productions Inc CA (1991) <- see above

UNITED KINGDOM

1. Cloud Imperium Games UK Limited (2013)
                2. Cloud Imperium Rights UK Limited (2017)
                3. Foundry 42 Limited (2013) <- Feb 2019, CI says it will re-brand to CIG
                4. Roberts Space Industries International Limited (2014)

GERMANY

1. Roberts Space Industries Germany GMBH
                2. Foundry 42 <- ex-CryTek engineers hired to setup shop here
                3. Twin Bros GmBH <- see above
                lir big
                Participant

Don’t worry they perfectly know how much money you have in. The whole stuff when they ask you about is blahblah bullshit.
                  In other words, as for now, you could just send an email to CS saying “Former ToS goals not met. Requesting for a refund. have a good day”.Period.

lir big
                  Participant

Now this list makes sense . How many dirty shirts you have CR?

Viewing 8 posts - 33 through 40 (of 92 total)
                  • The forum ‘Main’ is closed to new topics and replies.