Star Citizen – Terms Of Service

Forums Main Star Citizen – Terms Of Service

Viewing 8 posts - 73 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

All of you just need to hang on to your email correspondence, don’t download the 2.4 launcher, thus agreeing to the new ToS. We’re working on something legal which I will announce soon and which will require participation by US residents who i) want a refund, and were denied ii) didn’t agree to the new June 2016 ToS.

Ranger Man
      Participant

Sounds good.  I have been denied refund, have not agreed to new TOS terms and have my emails.  My state’s Dept of Consumer called and will file a complaint but that’s 35-40 day process by the time we hear back.  Thanks for doing this.

Standing by, Commandos.

Cliff Walton
        Participant

OK, refund request filed, denial is in the works, where do I sign next?

dsmart
          Keymaster

Interesting that normally gamers won’t be making a big deal about a game’s ToS. I made noise. So now they pay attention. And we’re 17 pages into a discussion that some were claiming is no big deal. Go figure.

Go make your voices heard because ignorance and exclusion are no excuse if you’re seeking accountability.

lir big
            Participant

I can’t seem to be able to log onto the forum with a free created account. I was using a gifted aurora account from a friend untill january when I got it banned lol. So i can’t troll anymore there.

Ranger Man
              Participant

Just when I think I can’t be amazed at stupidity you post something from the RSI forums. Cultist – “Just prove what is different in this TOS then the last!”.  Duh, can you read??? It’s no different than what happens with Ponzi schemes, the mail fraud (send letter, get much money as part of our business) where people want to something for little or nothing.  They buy in and delude themselves.  Instead of seeing the plain facts they keep drinking the koolaid.

dsmart
                Keymaster

Seriously, it’s astonishing to me. Seriously, read this crap. Most of these folks are ignorant, clueless and/or are Shillizens. Nothing else explains this level of cognitive dissonance and/or denial.

Companies change their ToS all the time and never tell anyone. This isn’t news. This isn’t unusual. This isn’t interesting unless you want to peddle FUD.

I mean, did he even read the ToS? What about all the posts online which show the glaring differences between the previous and current versions; and which clearly show that CIG/RSI took away two key components they had used as carrot sticks to gain backer confidence, and thus funding. My guess, yes, they have seen/read it, but like everything else, they’re in complete denial or just continuing to deny that CIG/RSI could do anything wrong. That’s how a cult operates. Completely.

Ranger Man
                  Participant

I guess it’s what happens when people do things and the checks and balances of common sense are turned off.

It’s beyond being fans of a game.  Most of us have games we really like and am recommend to others (sometimes to much so <G>) but most of us are willing to say it’s good but there are these things I don’t like and accept that.  We like it, we play it, we recommend it and if someone else isn’t as excited about the game as we are so be it.  SC  is truly a cult by any definition of a cult.  No questioning  of the leader tolerated at all and if you do you are severely punished, shunned, or worse.  No even thinking that we and our beliefs are not perfect.  And as for being wrong. We are the right way!  If we do it it’s right!

Most people have boundaries that tell them when things aren’t right whether it’s a get rich quick scheme someone is peddling or some other scam and they listen and move on or if they are interested they keep their investment and potential losses low and when the boundaries are crossed and the alarms go off they cut and run.  I think those left in the SC ‘verse are those without the checks and balances and boundaries.

We are making the mistake of looking at it logically and thinking about it.  Taking the facts, what’s going on, and arriving at a sound conclusion.  Can’t do that in the SC ‘verse.

Viewing 8 posts - 73 through 80 (of 92 total)
                  • The forum ‘Main’ is closed to new topics and replies.