Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Forums Main Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Viewing 8 posts - 89 through 96 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Ante Vukorepa
    Participant

If they’ve had it from day 1 (of funding), then that’s a different story.
      On an unrelated note: http://www.pcgamer.com/meet-a-fan-who-has-spent-30000-on-star-citizen-ships/

Enjoy the madness!

Ante Vukorepa
      Participant

Ah, sorry, haven’t scrolled down before posting.
        You’ve already linked it 🙂

Ante Vukorepa
        Participant

I love the fact he’s convinced it’s all okay, because it wasn’t from his “main account” and he did *extra* work (for his dad and friends) to finance it. That’s some kindergarten reasoning right there.

Ante Vukorepa
          Participant

Also indicative – the fact he feels the need to constantly justify how okay his decision was. It might’ve just been intoned that way by the interviewer, but i seriously doubt it.

That’s some cognitive disonance.

dsmart
            Keymaster

Yup. I noticed those too.

It just boggles the mind how “off” this whole thing is. Sure, we’re not one to tell people how to spend their money, but by the same token, that reasoning could apply to alcoholics, drug addicts etc. If you see something, say something.

Ante Vukorepa
              Participant

Exactly. I’m hardly the person to tell another person how to spend their money. I’ve got shit-tons of hobbies (photography, 3D printers, electronics, occasional prop making, drones, custom keyboards, watches, heck, at one time even high-end flashlights – yes, it’s a thing, look up ‘flashaholic’) i spend dubious amounts of money on. But i never, once, tried to justify any of it. (And none of them are paid pixels.)

When someone asks me why, my response is universally “because it makes me happy”. Not “oh it’s fine, i did some extra work and i don’t commute”.

Speaking of which – the commute thing – it’s not about how much money he gets while working from home. It’s about how much free time he has. Heck, i work from home, have been working for years, ever since i shifted to a different career track (from journalist to a developer). And i have *barely* any free time between work, occasional side job, my girlfriend and general day-to-day business. Granted, i’m not terribly good at managing my time, but hey, still…

Ante Vukorepa
                Participant

And “unknown source”sounds to me the person is not willing to either verify who he/she was.

Just to clarify one thing…

Not “unknown”. Undisclosed.
                  That does not mean THEY don’t know who the source is. It means YOU, the READER does not know and will not know, because the source asked to remain anonymized.

Hyco Cam
                  Participant

Buying a T-shirt ain’t the worst thing. In a few years, those t-shirts will probably be worth something. Nothing like having a collector’s item from the largest crowdfunded scam in history.

Viewing 8 posts - 89 through 96 (of 185 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.