Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event

Forums Main Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

@denan You know why I’m not even addressing any of things you’re writing? Because it’s clearly as waste of my time because you can’t be serious, let alone objective.

Saying stuff like “They didn’t start the war, you’ve been highly critical and negative about the project from the start.” is yet another example of what I’m talking about. The project started in 2012. I backed it. I wrote my first blog in July 2015. They closed my account, refunded me, then tried to lie about it, while posting statements about it on their official forum. Yeah, that’s me starting a war.

Nice try.

lir big
      Participant

let’s play cards on table . Yea, it is very sad , but there WILL be some suicides. As well some other cultists may take a bad move out of desperation, and do something very awfull . I would be CR, I would leave far far away before somebody makes holes in my body.
        As you pointed out, it’s getting worse now on forum, and not surprising, when you see that the core community is composed of nazi-like, uneducated and unevolved human things.
        Well it’s dying, the ELE is playing right now.
        The Cult has always been there, its just getting more visible now that the more and more people are waking up.
        I don’t know what trigger you could use to wake them up; I gave up personnally, cause it is “DS, us and goons”, VS “believing into CR and the thousands of $ they put in”. They just can’t imagine for a second they’ve been lied to. How could they , after all they’ve put so much into this. CR definitly can’t be a liar. And since a lot of them are fierce gun-lovers nazi chimps, they won’t ever admit they might have been very wrong to waste that money.
        I know I’ve been highly speculative and extremistic, in my opinions toward CIG . But as Derek pointed out, since we have absolute 0 transparancy about what’s going on there, I’d rather play the game of the possibles.
        People suiciding after CIG failure is definitly a high percentage possibility.

dsmart
        Keymaster

Well stated.

The thing is that nobody gets to be right all the time; and as humans it is very easy for us to be biased about a lot of things. Those who know me, and have followed my career in the almost three decades that I’ve been in it, know that I have never – ever – professed to be perfect, let alone the pillar of anything politically correct. I tend to be the arbiter of discourse because I stand firmly on the things that I believe in. Regardless, I tend to be fair, try to be unbiased, I admit mistakes, I learn, I move on etc. However, the issue with this Star Citizen fiasco is that it is so polarizing that it is very difficult for people to separate “Derek Smart” from the “facts” as they stand. And that’s the primary reason that so many people are taking such a ludicrous defensive stance, because at any and all cost, they simply cannot accept the possibility that I could be right. About anything related to Star Citizen. This despite the fact that I’ve been right most of the time.

The issue with the UK is they cannot save this project. There is no way that they can complete SQ42. And even if they did, it won’t be enough to save the Star Citizen project or all the four companies associated with it. Yes, they are separate companies, so if the US arm fails, the UK and possibly German ones could stick around to complete SQ42. But that’s not true at all; and it doesn’t work that way. The fact of the matter is that most of the people who would have bought a game like SQ42, are already entitled to it. The sales they did barely made $1m according to our data metrics. And as of this writing, it’s a PC game. Even if they made a console version – which my sources tell me is on the table – it would be too late.

What Erin is trying to do over there, is precisely what he did with Digital Anvil back in the day, in order to save his brother’s ass. Again. They know that there is no way on this God’s Earth that Star Citizen – as promised – ever sees the light of day. That’s a foregone conclusion. And that’s why all bets are on SQ42 because they want to be able to deliver something tangible in order to satisfy some aspect of the delivery promise. But it won’t be enough. They’re all going to get sued regardless of how this ends, and I have no doubt in my mind that someone is going to end up in jail over this project.

The other thing about the UK office is that those guys are royally pissed about what’s going on over here in the US. And they are leaving. Several more are about to leave, including some yet-to-named top tier people. And the more that happens, chances are they will take their friends with them; which is what tends to happen. Nobody wants to be around when this ship sinks.

And the reason that Chris can’t find top tier people to hire anymore is because everyone is talking, and nobody wants to be a part of this shitshow.

And if you read between the lines of the latest Glassdoor reviews (e.g. this one), it’s easy to see that the theme is the same. And now even those in the UK are beginning to write them. Of course some are going to say that they’re fake; this despite the fact that most of things stated in prior reviews, have actually played out. Not to mention the Denison letter, comments by others who have left etc.

[quote]My personal feelings and experiences with CIG aside, I still don’t understand why people are investing so much into this game and such a die hard fan base that is really starting to resemble a cult for some time now. I would say such “dedication” is dangerous and resembles an ideology. My hope that when it does finally end one way or another that it is not as explosive as it appears to be. I have nasty feelings some of the more dedicated fans may be unable to accept loss of the game and become a threat to themselves or others. [/quote]

It’s sunk cost fallacy combined with cognitive dissonance. It’s not supposed to make sense.

letitfail
          Participant

Wow, still seems some people still don’t get it. And by ‘it’ I mean how far down the toilet star citizen has gone. The latest blog is called Extinction Level Event for a very good reason. Just my speculation but perhaps those such as Denan want to believe that there is still hope for the game, simply because they don’t want to face the fact that their money has been wasted. Following that reasoning, if everyone pointing grim opinions like that out, as well as the other horrors occurring then go away, everything will be better. The shitizen community and CIG management/CS team will accept all their valid concerns with open arms with the ‘obstacles’ then removed. LMAO.

Seriously dude for whatever the reason, how is it so difficult to understand from all the evidence that has been presented (a multitude of sources not just here) that we have passed the point of no return.  You can have any number of concerns, very valid concerns about a variety of aspects of the game.  But it does not mean anything at this point in time. You are not going to get a game with even a 1/4 of what was promised.  The best you can hope for is some shit tier game as described in that goon leak sometime ago. The why this is happening has nothing to do Derek and some goons. Its been less then a year since Derek’s first blog about the game! Hell, I am an avid space sim fan who started following this hilarity since the second half of 2013. Never gave a single cent to the project because I saw it for what it was with all the hype and scope creep. Thats right, ~ 2 years before 1st blog! Just want to emphasize that.

The reasons why you have lost any money put towards star citizen is as follows:

1. Chris Roberts. Constant rework, movie aspirations, history of incompetence speaks for itself. No Microsoft to save the day this time. Not to forget unprofessional as demonstrated by the 8 hour missive of fail and lol he wrote. A CEO doing that in other businesses would typically be on the way out. The fact Chris is still there with power shows what a farce this all is.

2. Organizational culture plus external community. Reports of CIGs internal failings are the stuff of nightmares and the external community is regarded as the most toxic that ever existed which is saying something.

3. Crippling technical issues as covered expertly by others here and elsewhere.

I strongly recommend those that are accepting that the project is in serious trouble yet are placing the blame where it does not belong, to instead focus on getting your money back. If all attempts at this fail then take it as a life lesson and get over it.

dsmart
            Keymaster

Some will never accept it. Those who have, either got their refunds and moved on, or now resigned to the fact that all they’re going to get for their money is a ganky mPU when this collapses. It’s a tough pill to swallow.

lir big
              Participant

Hello Denan.
                You are absolutely missing the point. Remove DS and goons from the equation, and try again looking only at cig now.
                See?

lir big
                Participant

It’s hilarious. One of the greatest hilarity was when Dolvak freaked out all alone, and resigned when the goons actually did nothing.

Denan
                  Participant

[quote quote=3071]Hello Denan. You are absolutely missing the point. Remove DS and goons from the equation, and try again looking only at cig now. See? [/quote]

I do see.. and thats why i have my worries about the project. Read my first post and the core mechanics their missing (crating/mining/economy) or not thought out at all (what type of gameplay with cap-ships). I agree with Derek’s point of view and have from the start. I don’t agree with the route he’s taking lately, with Ben’s attempted crucifixion as the most recent example. I’ve always learned “play on the ball, not on the player”.. and he’s definitely targeting the player.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 155 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event’ is closed to new replies.