Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event

Forums Main Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event

Viewing 8 posts - 33 through 40 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    lir big
    Participant

Just seen the whole lot of it back from work; not surprised really, but Wow just wow lol.  Star Nazi-tizen, where you whipe the galaxy out of the naugthy Muslims. So SG confirmed racist twice; Ben Lesnick , confirmed. Come on CIG more of it please. This is how game development surely work.

dsmart
      Keymaster

Yes. These are the people in charge of the Star Citizen community. So now it’s no surprise that it’s a toxic shit can

Denan
        Participant

Yeah.. i know.. the last time i posted in response to you was about 8 months ago. It was somewhere on the old forums and i was asking you to behave less ‘trollish’ cause i thought you had valid points. You still have, but it gets lost in the nonsense of you posting SA photoshops and generally behaving like someone on a crusade.

You once said this wasn’t personal.. but it is. You lost me, and some of my friends who are also base level backers and who had worries, during that period. The breaking point for me was when you cried “wolf” and said the guy in the wheelchair doxed you. Quite childish, as a statement that says “i can understand that someone would dox this guy” is something else then “this is Derek, he lives at xxx -xx and i urge you to harass him”.

These pasth months you’ve made sure that all your statements are vague enough “we heard.. as rumored.. some people said” to prevent legal action. And in the meantime you’re getting plenty of traction from the less informed crowd to fuel your twitter feed. But in doing so you have squandered all chances of there ever being openness about the issues surrounding SC.

Basis mechanics are still not in place, nor are they discussed by CIG

• The economy doesn’t exist
          • Crafting is non existent
          • Mining doesn’t exist (no theory, no mechanics)
          • There is no gameplay/role for bigger ships
          • etcetc.

The situation is the same as the last time i responded all those months ago.. and your actions, and the goons, have created a hostile environment that prevents any form of in depth discussion of the issues. I just shake my head when i see you (or one of the SA’s) glowing with pride with the fact that SC’s say  ‘all negative responses/articles must have come from Derek or the goon’s!”.. Ridiculing them.. when in fact you’re both responding in all those threads, the goons usually under hidden accounts.

And yes.. i can see the fun in all that.. Reading SA i can see a lot of potential.. a lot of intelligence.. and tons of dark and twisted humor. But you and the goons are taking it too far. There is no more room for serious questions, no room for discussion, no room for debate. I have no question the goons don’t take themselves seriously.. but i’m starting to wonder if you are.

Its just your one sided war and thus far both you and the goons have thoroughly prevented all transparency into the way this project is being run.

And now, after giving Randy the cold shoulder for being a SJW, you’ve gone full SJW yourself on some of Ben’s old archives? Damn man.. have some respect for yourself. I wonder what @voxday would say when he reads the way you nailed him to the cross. And yes.. you will probably say its all a jest.. But come one. You’re intelligent enough to know better than this. To behave better than this.

TL;DR:

– I was a derek smart supporter, Then you gave your troll persona the upper hand (applauding suicide in the SA forum?) and you lost my support. Still reading your twitter feed and your blogs.. and seeing your latest actions.. I am starting to thoroughly dislike you. Not only as a person, but most of all your methods. And yes.. i do blame you for the current entrenchment of both the SC community and CIG.

dsmart
          Keymaster

Yeah, OK, maybe if you focused more on the fact that the issue is about Star Citizen, and less about “what Derek Smart says”, you’d be better of. And then we’d – maybe – have a meaningful discussion about the merits.

Everything that a person engages in, is personal. You think I’m spending all my time and resources on this because it’s “business”? No, it’s not.

You don’t have to like my methods – and I simply don’t care. This is not a crusade, nor am I looking for support. It’s a quest for truth and accountability. And simply because they, instead of acknowledging the mistakes for a project a lot of us backed, started a war with me of all people. And one they simply couldn’t win, given the facts of the matter.

So, we fight.

dsmart
            Keymaster

OK, that’s some epic level trolling right there.

Here at PC Invasion we would love to see Star Citizen get finished, but we advise any new players not to buy into the game at this point until more of it is complete.

J HOW
              Participant

For the moment I don’t think we can accurately predict when the project is going to “die”, by the supporters definition of “die”. Here in lies the problem that whilst the industry at large is getting clued up rather rapidly we should add, how can the fans or supporters know it’s dead if they keep on handing over money? Thus prolonging the life cycle and of some really dealings in the UK government and local councils with job creation funds effectively paying a private company to create UK jobs and for council funding, which they CAN legally do but at the moment they are taking on large risk because they will have to justify how that money is spent thus creating a longer cycle of where everything is up in the air. If that money leaves the UK or has found to have left to the US or German studio then that is a risk they are taking on.

The biggest problem is waking people up from this cycle, at the moment if you are seen as a detractor you are automatically seen as a Derek Smart shill. Fair enough I post on your forums and do agree, but an agreement on an opinion of a subject doesn’t automatically agree with everything said and done. Some of the things I’ve witnessed are pretty toxic, any mention of Derek Smart seems to be a firestarter for any supporter of the game. It has got a lot worse recently and is getting very personal and aggressive to anyone that speaks up.

More recently things have went quiet around their UK offices, we still have some of their staff applying for jobs time to time but they no longer even reach the interview stage with my company. The only feedback we now get is when they do something very stupid with their staff and the staff speak within their circles about it which eventually reaches every company within a large radius. Sometimes silence is good, in this case it’s either catastrophic or a sign of major changes.

Whilst it is argued amongst their fans that “you don’t understand game development”, “this is alpha”, “this is pre-alpha”, “this is a tech demo”, etc it seems to me those in the same industry do have a right to speak up and say it’s not. In fact I would argue that this is definitely not game development as I know it, agile or not – this is a mess. Whilst I may not agree with all Derek Smart’s methods I believe him to be making a lot more sense than CIG and the supporters, and fans. Some of the arguments they are making currently are just beyond any logical reason. My personal feelings and experiences with CIG aside, I still don’t understand why people are investing so much into this game and such a die hard fan base that is really starting to resemble a cult for some time now. I would say such “dedication” is dangerous and resembles an ideology.

My hope that when it does finally end one way or another that it is not as explosive as it appears to be. I have nasty feelings some of the more dedicated fans may be unable to accept loss of the game and become a threat to themselves or others.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
                Participant

<span style=”color: #343434; font-family: Ubuntu, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;”>”And yes.. i do blame you for the current entrenchment of both the SC community and CIG.”</span>

You would have a very good point if you did not ignore the fact that CIG and the Shitizens were aggressive and hostile to people who had legitimate questions and concerns long before the Interstellar papers came out.

Derek simply fertilized and watered that seed of doubt and became the face that was associated with “dissenters.”

I find it hilarious that this million dollar company (with no product) makes decisions to spite Derek and Goons.  Talk about petty LOL.

Denan
                  Participant

[quote quote=3059]Yeah, OK, maybe if you focused more on the fact that the issue is about Star Citizen, and less about “what Derek Smart says”, you’d be better of. And then we’d – maybe – have a meaningful discussion about the merits. Everything that a person engages in, is personal. You think I’m spending all my time and resources on this because it’s “business”? No, it’s not. You don’t have to like my methods – and I simply don’t care. This is not a crusade, nor am I looking for support. It’s a quest for truth and accountability. And simply because they, instead of acknowledging the mistakes for a project a lot of us backed, started a war with me of all people. And one they simply couldn’t win, given the facts of the matter. So, we fight. [/quote]

Perhaps you would get more respect from me if you stood for the things you’ve said in the past. They didn’t start the war, you’ve been highly critical and negative about the project from the start. And that’s a right everyone has. But saying ‘they started it!’?? Come on.. own your statements, actions and your mistakes.

And yes.. you can say “i don’t care”. But your group of followers has become smaller and smaller, your twitter feed has the same small (and shrinking) group of responders. Is that because you don’t have a valid point? Or because rational/critical SC owners / followers see everything you do/post (in twitter and SA) and just pull their hands off you because of your behavior. Both Melkor and Beer are highly critical of the project as well, but i prefer their well thought out arguments above the incoherent ramblings that your posts have degraded too these past 6 months.

I wish you’d follow your own advice.. make it about SC and not about ‘shit derek said’. And going “full SJW” on posts that some CS rep made all those years ago.. is NOT about SC.

[quote quote=3062]You would have a very good point if you did not ignore the fact that CIG and the Shitizens were aggressive and hostile to people who had legitimate questions and concerns long before the Interstellar papers came out. Derek simply fertilized and watered that seed of doubt and became th e face that was associated with “dissenters.”[/quote]

Every community has their assholes.. and seeing how large the SC community has become it’s only logical that the number of assholes is big as well. And to be honest, most of the responses are well thought out posts.. or.. they used to be. With all the shill goon/derek accounts shitposting in SC relevant threads the default response to critical points or questions has become “hi derek/goon!”.

[quote]I find it hilarious that this million dollar company (with no product) makes decisions to spite Derek and Goons. Talk about petty LOL. [/quote]

Derek states “X” will happen..

• X happens -> He wins
                    • X doesn’t happen -> He states they did it to spite him… and still wins

Do you see a problem with your line of reasoning?

Viewing 8 posts - 33 through 40 (of 155 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event’ is closed to new replies.