Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event

Main Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event

• Creator
    Topic
    dsmart
    Keymaster

For some time now, the events which I believe will lead to the catastrophic collapse of the project, and which have accumulated to become the Extinction Level Event, have been in full swing.

Viewing 8 replies - 113 through 120 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Denan
    Participant

[quote quote=3064] @denan You know why I’m not even addressing any of things you’re writing? Because it’s clearly as waste of my time because you can’t be serious, let alone objective. Saying stuff like “<span style=”color: #343434; font-family: Ubuntu, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5;”>They didn’t start the war, you’ve been highly critical and negative about the project from the start.” </span><span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>is yet another example of what I’m talking about. The project started in 2012. I backed it. I wrote my first blog in July 2015. They closed my account, refunded me, then tried to lie about it, while posting statements about it on their official forum. Yeah, that’s me starting a war.</span> Nice try. [/quote]

You’ve made statements (twitter/facebook) before writing your first blog.. before even the kickstarter finished. And none of them have been positive. So yes.. i am serious.. and, besides the fact that i backed at the lowest level, i consider myself as objective as possible. Yes, i want them to succeed.. no, i’ve seen enough to highly doubt that they will ever will.

You being right doesn’t change the fact though that you’re acting like Randy’s male twin, not targeting the company and their faults, but individual employees and trying to crucify them for statements made in the past.

If you spend some time googling me i’m sure you’ll find plenty of stuff i wrote online when i was younger, some funny.. some good.. but mostly just banter between me and my friends that contains plenty of ‘inside jokes’ to be funny to me, but highly offensive to someone not involved in the inner circle. The same stuff that can be found about yourself and most other people who tend to have a large online footprint.

Add: just to clarify: I don’t care that you “threw the first stone”. You had valid points in your first blog and your previous behavior doesn’t disqualify those points. What i do dislike though is the feigned innocence and ‘martyrdom’. It just drags the discussion away from the key points 😛

Denan
    Participant

[quote quote=3071]Hello Denan. You are absolutely missing the point. Remove DS and goons from the equation, and try again looking only at cig now. See? [/quote]

I do see.. and thats why i have my worries about the project. Read my first post and the core mechanics their missing (crating/mining/economy) or not thought out at all (what type of gameplay with cap-ships). I agree with Derek’s point of view and have from the start. I don’t agree with the route he’s taking lately, with Ben’s attempted crucifixion as the most recent example. I’ve always learned “play on the ball, not on the player”.. and he’s definitely targeting the player.

lir big
    Participant

It’s hilarious. One of the greatest hilarity was when Dolvak freaked out all alone, and resigned when the goons actually did nothing.

lir big
    Participant

Hello Denan.
    You are absolutely missing the point. Remove DS and goons from the equation, and try again looking only at cig now.
    See?

dsmart
    Keymaster

Some will never accept it. Those who have, either got their refunds and moved on, or now resigned to the fact that all they’re going to get for their money is a ganky mPU when this collapses. It’s a tough pill to swallow.

dsmart
    Keymaster

@denan You know why I’m not even addressing any of things you’re writing? Because it’s clearly as waste of my time because you can’t be serious, let alone objective.

Saying stuff like “They didn’t start the war, you’ve been highly critical and negative about the project from the start.” is yet another example of what I’m talking about. The project started in 2012. I backed it. I wrote my first blog in July 2015. They closed my account, refunded me, then tried to lie about it, while posting statements about it on their official forum. Yeah, that’s me starting a war.

Nice try.

Denan
    Participant

[quote quote=3059]Yeah, OK, maybe if you focused more on the fact that the issue is about Star Citizen, and less about “what Derek Smart says”, you’d be better of. And then we’d – maybe – have a meaningful discussion about the merits. Everything that a person engages in, is personal. You think I’m spending all my time and resources on this because it’s “business”? No, it’s not. You don’t have to like my methods – and I simply don’t care. This is not a crusade, nor am I looking for support. It’s a quest for truth and accountability. And simply because they, instead of acknowledging the mistakes for a project a lot of us backed, started a war with me of all people. And one they simply couldn’t win, given the facts of the matter. So, we fight. [/quote]

Perhaps you would get more respect from me if you stood for the things you’ve said in the past. They didn’t start the war, you’ve been highly critical and negative about the project from the start. And that’s a right everyone has. But saying ‘they started it!’?? Come on.. own your statements, actions and your mistakes.

And yes.. you can say “i don’t care”. But your group of followers has become smaller and smaller, your twitter feed has the same small (and shrinking) group of responders. Is that because you don’t have a valid point? Or because rational/critical SC owners / followers see everything you do/post (in twitter and SA) and just pull their hands off you because of your behavior. Both Melkor and Beer are highly critical of the project as well, but i prefer their well thought out arguments above the incoherent ramblings that your posts have degraded too these past 6 months.

I wish you’d follow your own advice.. make it about SC and not about ‘shit derek said’. And going “full SJW” on posts that some CS rep made all those years ago.. is NOT about SC.

[quote quote=3062]You would have a very good point if you did not ignore the fact that CIG and the Shitizens were aggressive and hostile to people who had legitimate questions and concerns long before the Interstellar papers came out. Derek simply fertilized and watered that seed of doubt and became th e face that was associated with “dissenters.”[/quote]

Every community has their assholes.. and seeing how large the SC community has become it’s only logical that the number of assholes is big as well. And to be honest, most of the responses are well thought out posts.. or.. they used to be. With all the shill goon/derek accounts shitposting in SC relevant threads the default response to critical points or questions has become “hi derek/goon!”.

[quote]I find it hilarious that this million dollar company (with no product) makes decisions to spite Derek and Goons. Talk about petty LOL. [/quote]

Derek states “X” will happen..

• X happens -> He wins
    • X doesn’t happen -> He states they did it to spite him… and still wins

Do you see a problem with your line of reasoning?

Hotsauce ShoTYME
    Participant

<span style=”color: #343434; font-family: Ubuntu, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;”>”And yes.. i do blame you for the current entrenchment of both the SC community and CIG.”</span>

You would have a very good point if you did not ignore the fact that CIG and the Shitizens were aggressive and hostile to people who had legitimate questions and concerns long before the Interstellar papers came out.

Derek simply fertilized and watered that seed of doubt and became the face that was associated with “dissenters.”

I find it hilarious that this million dollar company (with no product) makes decisions to spite Derek and Goons.  Talk about petty LOL.

Viewing 8 replies - 113 through 120 (of 154 total)
  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event’ is closed to new replies.