Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event

Forums Main Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

I my over three decades history, I’ve never seen such a case of sunk cost fallacy and cognitive dissonance rolled up in one neatly tied up packet. It’s uncanny.

lir big
      Participant

This will soon be the School Case for any future game developer ;
        Also it may not be as hard hitting as we have speculated for crowdfunding because I hope this will help to create :

1 ) maybe some kind of international customer protection instances related to crowdfunding, or anything that has some authoritiy and that’d be neutral/3rd party.
        2 ) hopping kickstarter will now put safeguards and will be paying attention to the biggest sensible crowdunfed stuff ( yes, they did their job, thats why the 1) for third party control power, cause once official funding campain is over, kicksater has no power whatsoever) .

I know the issue is each country has its own laws, and regarding any Internet matter, it is really hard to get some worldwide ‘law’ of some kind get applied everywhere, and respected by everyone. I dunno. I just hope crowdfunding won’t get hit as hard as we think it will.

lir big
        Participant

They fracking can’t say you haven’t said it . As they WILL apologize to the backers, because some of the media have been misleading actors here/ DSwasright.com

lir big
          Participant

Someone that wants to kill people with AIDS so it’d be a solution to eradicate it? Someone that wants to kill ‘minorities’, or simply people with different religions ? That wants to rape women and girls ?
            Nazi is more than the name we gave to those monsters back then, nazi is how someone can even come to think this way. No sane person would use these as joke. This is fucking terrifying. Its nazi , everytime you want.

starchip
            Participant

What is BDSSE? I lost track of those terms.

starchip
              Participant

The final stretch goal = Minimal viable content. “Ship in the hanger” the final feature.

Hyco Cam
                Participant

Well the BDSSE has grown to the BDMVSSE.   CIG speak of course.  The Best Damn Space Sim Ever has expanded and grown to a lesser product—the Best Damn Minimally Viable Space Sim Ever!

A quick check of the forums and you’ll learn it is what CR has been telling backers they will get since 2012.  Nothing has changed….  **puts hands over ears***  **chanting lalalalala***  Everything is going to be peachy!  Spring is here.  Don’t go to the beach.  Don’t make that car payment this month.  Go buy a $340 spaceship.  That coffee service in Santa Monica isn’t going to pay for itself!

More telling.  The 10 for the Chairman Q&A sessions are history.  Just like the stretch goals, someone must have pointed out to CR that week after week he was talking about all this stuff that was going to be in his game.  Now after two years of Q&A with nothing to show, either CR decided the hole he has dug is deep enough or the finances are such that production needs to be curtailed.

Stan Porky
                  Participant

What they are going to do is extend the ship melting and buyback options so they can shitcan a lot of the professions and simplify the economy – to try and keep backers sweet while they wait the upto ten years for CIG to put those features in with the “stretchgoals”.  So say goodbye (for now) to all those large ships like the Orion, Endeavor etc etc …

This will limit the jpegs they can sell somewhat, but they will no doubt just make the 2-3 man mining, science, transport ships etc the focus of sales for a while until they figure out what else to scam out of people.  That and getting people to buy an Idris that wont be capable of being melted back into the other large profession ships…

And all that AI … say goodbye to that – nothing about “minimal” says I can have 10 AI characters I can control and interchange between…..so there will be nothing to do with multiple ships in game other than park them up as unsweated “assets”.   If they ever allow you to actually sell ships in game to other players the prices will drop off a cliff because people wont want to have so many ships.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 155 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event’ is closed to new replies.