Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 537 through 544 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

This is hilarious. And sad.

In today’s AtV, they confirmed yet another JPEG concept ship sale. This time the Vanduul Blade.

A ship that was first “Revealed” over a year ago.

Desperate times.

starchip
      Participant

I wonder what funny hit detection they have in store for this ship.

lir big
        Participant

Yeah pretty this. Like they had a continous flow of new backers incoming everyday…. If we extrapolate these numbers that would give more or less 1000+ backers each day. It would be interesting to investigate these numbers from the beggining. If we get a linear graph then it would absolutely give a serious hint for fake/fraud.

Edit : you know what something just hinted me. What if after seeing the success of the kickstarter  campain CR had somehow tried to turn this buisness legit? I mean, we know (speculating ) they were going to diseapear with the money and shut this scam off in due time – let see hm…. nov 2014- when they ‘should’ have done. What if the real madness in this is CR trying to turn CIG into an honnest game company back in 2014. Dang how did I not realise this earlier.

dsmart
          Keymaster

Today’s hilarity.

MDrake SC
            Participant

Vanduul motion capture… tiny footage at 2:09… They have done so little work on the big scary bad guys. No one even questions it, thinking that it will be a big surprise reveal. As if that Gary Oldman speech trailer wasn’t an utterly poor display of Chris’ writing and directing. I expect more of these tiny snippets to hint that progress has been made, but in reality, they have nothing.

Wasn’t the Starfarer supposed to be hangar ready now? Chris must have not liked it and threw out its work, again. Same with the Vanduul.

We knew about the Vanduul blade. We learned about its sudden $250 concept sale at a “steep discount”. But I did not expect CIG to run a sale for 10 currently flyable “limited” ships, at the same time.

It was only on March 4 that the Sabre and Khartu were on sale again. For the 2.2 patch release only 14 days ago.

That means things are pretty bad. A lot more backers must have silently dropped out. Leaving only the forum vocal cesspool. The chargebacks and CIG’s poor responses to them, are doing lots of damage that we cannot see.

Hopefully this scam is shut down sooner, but knowing the whales, they’ll drop more of their disability funds, retirement, kids college funds, etc. in order to keep the dream alive.

My estimate (ever since the $350 ships became normal) is that there is a solid 6000 hardcore whale backers that buy nearly every ship they can get. With the Blade sale alone, that is $1.5 million. There is a chance that the Blade sells poorly since its stats are pretty bad, especially weapon mounts.

For now, the fund chart says $110,258,506. And we know it isn’t actually accurate since refunds do not cause it to drop.

lir big
              Participant

As usual nice sum of the latelies Drake. Would you mind to share the method you used for the real backers number estimation, as I’m trying to do that myself, but lacking of some basis intel. We already know that number might be way way lower than what cig pretends. Also , same as for everything that is on rsi and cig websites, we only know about CIG’s word for it. The 110m might be false as well. And lately, I can’t help to think they might as well have some ‘laundery’ fake backer(s), that puts in looooooooot of money at each sales they do, adding to the real few backers left that buy in as well.

The problem is we don’t know anything for sure about the funding.
                _ Is the backers number accurate
                _ Is the amount shown accurate
                _ Is the graph accurate and legit ( we already know it’s not, thanks to what happened few months back, I’ll dig for link when I have time )

MDrake SC
                Participant

Well, my analysis is just like the citizens that maintain the Google chart of the funding… it’s all based on CIG’s counter.

The 6000 whales is an estimate based on the $2+ million they made selling the $350 Reclaimer for 7 days. It was a significant thing to notice because it meant that cultists were willing to pay nearly any increased price. This was all Sept 26, 2014. Well before any signs of scam and cutting promises.

Another way to estimate the 6000 whales is tied to the $600, 890 Jump sale. Only 3,560 yachts were “produced”, which is $2,136,000. It sold out, and people still complained about not being able to get one.

The consistent sales of $2 million basically confirmed the $2-3 million burn rate, which means at least 4000-6000 whales keep the game alive.

The first 2015 vanguard sales made $3 million, because it was an Aegis fighter. No surprise in the slightest at $250 each.

It is a consistent trend. There is without a doubt, 3000 whales at any time. Willing to buy any rare ship they can. This is why I am very certain this scam can go on for a year, easily, as more qualified or expensive developers leave. European developers are paid less than Americans on average. With 2 studios in Europe, no surprise.

Also, Ben said they plan to do a concept sale every 6 weeks… so yes, the scam continues.

starchip
                  Participant

Funny how in most of SC videos there is intense theory crafting going in their head that is far fetched from the game’s reality. It seems to me that people is playing this “game” with their own imagination. There is no calling on bugs and absence of features, no one point out many of the promises are inconsistent with the current state of development. It seems people are satisfied to masturbate at their awesome ship, anything the dysfunctional module get a minor tweak is counted toward “progress” because they simply look “cool”, even they are mechanically broken and void of content. Lengthy explanation devoted to the justification of incompetency and glorify a pip dream that will never see the light of day. Any time there is an ED or NMS video there will be a hot debate of how Star citizen is better, what was they fearing?

Viewing 8 posts - 537 through 544 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.