Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 529 through 536 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    SJ Parkinson
    Participant

A thin glass top, that they cut into two halves, but only delivered 10% of one with a promise that the rest will be magnificent.

lir big
      Participant

Indeed; But in the case they fail , your loss is 10$.
        I would be far more reluctant to pre-order no man’s Sky 60$ , knowing that we actually don’t know a lot about its gameplay.
        One thing is certain for me, thx to CIG, I won’t never ever put more than 50$ now for anticipated access, and worse, I’ll never back a game up again that is at project or pre build state. people are right to say CIG’s crash might damage crowdfunding.

dsmart
        Keymaster

Probably not. Go play Angels Fall First on Steam.

Stan Porky
          Participant

Another money grab

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15246-Note-From-The-Chairman

Currently in the midst of its Kickstarter campaign.

starchip
            Participant

They all look happy, it seems this is what they will get after 6 year 100M+.

starchip
              Participant

<span style=”color: #cccccc; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; background-color: #000000;”>destroying these insults to the space sim genre sends a message to all game developers that rip-offs will not be tolerated.</span>

Never go full retard… never go full retard…

lir big
                Participant

That’s why this whole story is beeing malicious. It’s not even pre alpha because in fact it’s not even a game. They are NOT making a game. From the begining. That’s why everytime we try to compare SC development to any other game it goes dead-end. There’s nothing to compare. Now you can compare CIG with many scam company actual or existed : everything fits in. This is why the ‘modules’ . While they were trying to magnify each module beeing its own standalone ingame game, the main hidden function was the scam machine.
                  The way I see it :  this is why they designed  this money-grabbing machine:
                  _ A) laundering orwtin’s dirty money + spongeing CR’s debts  + grabbing backers money while faking the amount of backers so the whole project gets attention. ( I would’nt be surprised that CR was in debt toward few/many people before CIG, and I’m not only thinking of the sweedish connection.. ). I suspect they didn’t expect the kickstarter campain to be that successfull , and even if it wasn’t I’m absolutely sure they would had kept grabbing money on their website with sales. Aka launderying must continue. Since it was very successfull, it had opened more evolution perspectives. This is when CR begins to turn nut about it.
                  _ B) Building a fake game up : Solution, work with a known working engine (cry3), and modding it a bit. While the main goal is : investing the amount into him and sandi way of life, while building up his return to hollywood >>> soon in your theatres SC movie .
                  _ C) No more debts, mafia happy, so keep the machine ON and play the money grab.

What I’d really love to know is what level of comitment each of them had in from the begining (CR, Ortwin, and Sandi ). I would tend to say they desgined everything this way all together but who knows.
                  The bonus question is about Erin Roberts.

dsmart
                  Keymaster

Interestingly, someone put this together

Here is something neat.

I wrote down last night at 3:10 am EST, the counts for money funded, and players entering the game. In the span of 8.5 hours, star citizen gained 5513 dollars and gained 384 subscribers.

1,319,054 user

110,108,920 money 3:10 am thursday march 17 2016

Now its at,

1,319,438 user

110,114,433 money 11:41 am thursday march 17 2016

That averages to 14 dollars spent each “new user” joining. I bet they have dummy accounts set up to funnel in money, without actual spending any money at all. It is a neat trick to scam investors. Inflate the numbers without breaking the books. One neat trick THEY DON’T want you to know.

Viewing 8 posts - 529 through 536 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.