Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 313 through 320 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    pindleton
    Participant

My final update for a while.

I have logged formal complaints with the following agencies:

The Federal Trade Commission of the United States, the Better Business Bureau of the United States, econsumer.gov of the International Consumer Protection and Enforcement Network, and the Korea Consumer Agency.

I guess there’s not much more that I can do for now other than sit back and wait to get responses from these agencies.

Thanks for the useful information in this thread.

dsmart
      Keymaster

Yeah, I have been following that thread, as well as this latest “a little upset” one. They are really coming apart at the seams. Just like I said it would.

pindleton
        Participant

It looks like they are trying to bury that completely legitimate discussion, so they threw it into a katamari thread. The link in my OP was broken. Here is the new link to the discussion.

lir big
          Participant

Hello Pindleton,

_ You can try reiterating your request by adding your thoughts about the ponzi scheme this all looks like, and more specifically the referral program, wich they can’t argue on that since they have absolutely nothing to give in return. They literally ask you to ask your friends to buy a non-existent product.
            _ The children companies they have on European soil are violating the EU consumer protection laws. You are in the US but nevertheless CIG as an international company is already violating several countries laws. It is not as it was proven true yet , but we all know they’ll loose in any court. They know that too.
            _ Also as Derek and the Goons suggested, inform them you’ll be contacting your bank and make them do a chargeback. And actually do it anyway.

Give them as much as law related facts you can. Scare them, they only deserve so much.

dsmart
            Keymaster

Can Star Citizen be made if the funding stopped? And they subsequently closed it…for not understanding game development apparently.

I’ve said the same thing since my first blog back in July 2015 when they were at $85M. Not a chance.

We’re at $106M mark now, they missed the Nov 2014 date by 15 months now. And this is just a small list of what they’ve promised and which are yet to be implemented in the game.

And contrary to what people think, money is a huge factor into this and yes backers SHOULD be worried that if the money stopped flowing, they will never – ever – get the game promised. Ever.

Star Citizen Release Date

pindleton
              Participant

Did you read their latest monthly studio report?

“With the first 30 days of 2016 behind us, we still have another 335 left to go. That leaves us plenty of time for new ships, new features, new missions, and new art to make its way into the universe.”

They are practically promising feature creep and delays all throughout 2016. Those same “new ships and features” will be used as a justification for delay of SQ42.

dsmart
                Keymaster

Yup. And I tweeted about some of it earlier. Seriously, it’s all gone to shit.

dsmart
                  Keymaster

Elite Dangerous review, by way of Star Citizen comparison

Elite: Dangerous’ only real competition at the moment is Cloud Imperium Games’ Star Citizen, a $100 million project that hasn’t gone much of anywhere in the time it’s taken Elite: Dangerous to launch and see an expansion on top of significant updates. Where Elite: Dangerous has a fully realized and expanded game launched and available for purchase (with a console release besides), Star Citizen has produced a barely-playable alpha while it continues to inhale backers’ money.

One of these projects represents everything that can go wrong with video game crowdfunding: massive scope creep, management faux pas, and arrogant leadership, to mention just a few issues. CIG lead Chris Roberts’ recent statement that he was “annoyed” when backers continued to ask him about promised features really says all that needs to be said about Star Citizen.

The other project represents what happens when a team that respects its own limitations gets the chance to do something big. More importantly, it represents what happens when that team respects the time and money of the backers who placed their faith in them. For that reason alone, Elite: Dangerous is an important game, and Horizons makes it even better. If you’re a fan of this sort of space sim, you owe it to yourself to check this out.

Viewing 8 posts - 313 through 320 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.