Star Citizen – General Discussions

Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 replies - 17 through 24 (of 1,083 total)
  • Author
    Replies

dsmart
    Keymaster

Yeah, the forum plugin for WordPress is horrid. That’s the issue. I am planning on setting all the forums to read-only this weekend and installing proper forum software.

J HOW
    Participant

After a lot of silence on the part of CIG once again there has been *something* poking the hornets nest in Manchester. Picked this up from a game devs meet and greet,

This I have been unable to verify despite my best efforts:

Some workers are currently tight lipped in regard to ongoing work of the project which is obvious but for a different reason. They are trying to discover leaks which are apparently unrelated to Derek Smart rather information leaking from the studio on their ongoing work. Not too sure what they mean by unrelated, this apparently ties in to their customer service team. It has been speculated their management team is merely suffering from paranoia and likely jumping at ghosts for whatever reason. From the sounds of it they are trying to prevent future leaks rather than deal with information already out there.

This I can confirm as somewhat genuine, although I am still skeptical:

Some developers have been asked informally not to attend game developer events outside of CIG or to have contact to other people in the industry, other game studios without approval from management. This seems to tie to the point above from a different source which offers some small amount credibility. To me it sounds more like a cult than a UK company.

These are genuine after speaking to third parties at a few of the meet and greets,  and another company:

They are attempting recruitment drives again in Manchester, sadly they have managed to piss off some recruitment agencies in the process over constantly changing requirements, long delays at responding to possible hires, odd informal background checks on new hires to verify they are who they say they are, odd reference requirements for positions which are driving one recruitment agency half mad. Along with arbitrary requirements on possible hires which change last minute, sometimes it takes CIG 2 weeks to respond.

Some other local companies are upset and unhappy that CIG got a large part of the funding pie from the local council. It seems they stumped up more money than they should have from the local government which meant other companies did not get an equal or entirely their share. This is in reference to CIG creating UK jobs and business which some other local game development studios are understandably upset over.

dsmart
    Keymaster

They have already started doing it.

The regular ship sales, the push for subs as I mentioned in my latest blog, as well as the focus on shopping which is going to end up with people having to buy UEC to spend. They have absolutely no other ways of raising money to finish this game.

SQ42 isn’t going to do anything because the majority of those who want it, already entitled to it. And with the likes of COD:IW, MA:E etc all coming out, there is no way in hell they are going to make enough money from SQ42.

Mass layoffs are coming. That’s a foregone conclusion.

dsmart
    Keymaster

Yeah – none of that surprises me in the least. And there’s a lot more than that going on in the background.

ps: If you are not on my Discord channel, please get in touch with me there using this invite (0sasVA7SRFEX9raG) code.

Backer42
    Participant

I just received an advisory/post deletion on Frontier forums for quoting PM harassment by some SC nutcase (without doxing anybody, because it doesn’t matter). They think it’s against their forum rules. I think forum rules made protect harassers are wrong and need to be changed. Harassment needs to be exposed. Yes, I know public discussion of forum moderation is against the rules either, but I don’t think this applies here.

BTW: I got called a “filthy goon”. What is this?

SJ Parkinson
    Participant

As time goes by, “filthy goon” will become a badge of honour you’ll be proud to wear.

SJ Parkinson
    Participant

Woman sues Microsoft in California in small claims court for Win10 fiasco and wins 10K.

Know any disgruntled SC backers looking to get their money back in that state? Looks like a viable outlet as no lawyers are allowed.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/06/27/woman_microsoft_windows_10_upgrades/

dsmart
    Keymaster

In case you guys hadn’t heard, Darian Vorlick has left. This guy did 8yrs at Blizzard, left and went and did 2 yrs at CIG.

ps. Everything’s fine though; nothing to be concerned about. At all.

Viewing 8 replies - 17 through 24 (of 1,083 total)

The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.