Star Citizen – General Discussions

Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 replies - 9 through 16 (of 1,083 total)
  • Author
    Replies

dsmart
    Keymaster

My guess is they will do it the same as before. They will introduce it with either a public patch release (e.g. 2.4) or some other way. New account creation is already the first method for new backers/purchasers. Either way, it’s coming – and I can’t wait to see what they put in it.

Yes, it is closer to a ponzi scheme than to a pyramid scheme. But Shiponzi works too. 🙂

Josquin
    Participant

If even half of this is true, then we can indeed expect a spectacular implosion.

Times Poster
    Participant

Thanks, for the article. It’s always refreshing and eye opening to see how much they lack behind their timeline. Meanwhile I am not even sure they can deliver SQ42…

There was this recent Bengal Carrier footage shown and the guy talking said something about “coming together”… Seriously? I mean at this point in time this carrier should have been finished. I fully assumed this carrier would be part of SQ42, but now some people are rumoring this carrier was never meant to be in the campaign, because “you’ll have the Idris”. They must be kidding… Afaik, CR mentioned, that you progress in the campaign by starting in a smaller carrier (Idris), and are later shipped to larger carriers (and most likely the Bengal Carrier). What the fuck is this…

Aside from that, the Bengal Carrier looks the same as in the kickstarter trailer. As if they’re trying to serve the same dish again after 5 years to make people excited again. But what is the difference? Where is the progress? I see none. This is getting ridiculous…

Btw. Derek, in my browser (Firefox 45), this giant topic General Discussions is a pain to load. It stutters for at least 2 minutes, loading all these images and videos. Maybe you should add a new section “General Discussions 2” or so… or maybe it’s just the browser which sucks.

lir big
    Participant

Hello,

If you’re reffering to the last ATV  and about the Bengal KS vanity ship, my bet is that they’ve basically shown the making of the next s42 Gamescon trailer-cinematic . Wich is what they’ve all been doing for 4.5 years : making shiny bright cinematics for conventions and luring people saying is ingame engine footage. Oh and mocap holidays for CR and SG of course.
    And wtf was this ‘shipshape’ promotional segment with Nick Elms.

lir big
    Participant

Hmmmmm . For real, it’s now plain cult. It is not like we didn’t know about the odd managment method SG and CR use though. Remember Sandi saying something like ” Chris is the only one that can make/think this vision, without him there’s no game’ . He’s the only one, only him, him only can do. and she’s been the best at seeing that since we know well when. Odd.
    What’s her background? Everything she fracking say (aside from beeing totally stupid 99% of the time) tend to lead to think about scientology, ACN, Herbalife, or any other cult/scheme buisness.
    She had to learn all that somewhere.

Joe McClintok
    Participant

Derek,
    I asked this question a week ago but I think you missed it.  With 300 employees averaging $75,000 each (that would be CIG’s cost not the actual employee annual salary which I expect to be lower since the bulk of their staff is in Europe), that brings them to 22.5 million a year just in payroll.  Now add in the cost of buildings, equipment, furniture, the MoCap studio and actors, contractors and the salary of the top guys and them blowing through 30 million a year like you said is quite reasonable.

This brings me to my question…  What will they do to bring in money next?  How do you think they will try and increase revenue?  Ship sales are down, whales are starting to tap out and even if they launch SQ42 at the beginning of next year (which is most likely not going to happen), the majority of people who would be interested have already purchased it.  If they actually do launch the regular game which we know won’t happen, again, the majority of people have already purchased it.

My opinion is that something big is coming beginning of next year revenue wise.  Either they add something to the PU and start charging a monthly sub fee or they release SQ42 and require people to purchase ships or mission packs.  They cannot continue doing what they are doing, they must be burning through more than they are getting and even if they launch an actual product, they already cashed in on the majority of the sales.

Something has to change in their revenue model for this mess to continue and with Chris basking in the spotlight, I know he will pull every trick in the book to stay there.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
    Participant

Wow just wow.  It’s not just the cult thats toxic but the entire damn company is toxic to the industry. Holy fuck.

MDrake SC
    Participant

@ J HOW

Dang. Someone at CIG might be scared of you. Very low key, yet in the industry and area. Simply keeping minor tabs on things.

Viewing 8 replies - 9 through 16 (of 1,083 total)

The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.