Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 857 through 864 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    starchip
    Participant

They want to have global real time sync and dynamic scale game world and complex ship status and society level economy. I think only recently they at CGI begin to realize what they have promised, their engineering debt has far surpassed GTA10. For every $1 they fund they need $100 to deliver, then for every $1 they need $1000, now its no money can buy. Why they cant get the top engineer to handle the tech? They need only look at their engine choice to know the outcome of all. Its ok to do a 30GB update and no one can make a fuzz, while eva in space with jacket and cap. The real reason they coward from opportunity in E3 is because there is something ugly that need to hide, any company, even shitty company would dream to show in E3, the only reason to shy away is because there is something really FUBR. The incident is also another warning sign to make industry talent avoid this company, and those employee need to get the fuck out while they can.

dsmart
      Keymaster

The backers will never know.

dsmart
        Keymaster

heh, on my Discord channel over the weekend we were laughing about that. Imagine them inviting me. Then I get on stage, go completely off script and off the reservation, and start ranting about Star Citizen, even as I get dragged off stage while screaming LET ME FUCKING FINISH!!

dsmart
          Keymaster

Star Citizen is #7 in the Top 10 Craziest Crowdfunding projects on watchmojo!

Martijn Otto
            Participant

Two days ago, I stumbled upon SC (I think it was via a comment at a No Man’s Sky review). It looked awesome on the website (the sales pitch basically), so I started looking further. Then I noticed the very expensive packages, the monthly subscription thingy (for news?), insurance (on stuff you own in a game?) and started to Google. Mainly to see if somebody actually would be a backer for 18K). Then I ended up here, and rather than having months to see this unfold, I get the whole circus one after another. It took me quite some time to read, and although I feel really sorry for those who are about to lose their money (and some a huge amount for that) I couldn’t stop reading all this and seeing it all unfold.

So thank you Derek, not only for saving me 50 bucks, but mainly for doing all this and bringing it out in the open. It’s a shame that the 114m hasn’t brought at least some of what was intended and the consequences for the gaming/kickstarter industry may be devastating. But I can’t wait for the next follow up here ;-0

BTW: You made it on EVE forums too (including a White Knight): https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6508652

Oh, and I love to read your (technical) thoughts on No Man’s Sky and on the announcement of Dual Universe: http://www.dualthegame.com/

KurtM
              Participant

Is that the ELE? Looks pretty huge to me.

No, not yet. I would argue that missing or disappointing at Gamescom in Germany could be that ELE. Germany is their second most important market, with a lot of 90ties Wing Commander nostalgia going on here and german players always being big on simulation aspects. Being at the E3 PC Gamer show they are just preaching to the choir anyway, whereas in Germany they could reach an audience that they otherwise couldn’t.

dsmart
                Keymaster

As I wrote in the ELE blog, it’s not a single event, but rather a series of on-going events culminating in the final ELE

dsmart
                  Keymaster

The Star Citizen countdown to disaster chart has been updated

Viewing 8 posts - 857 through 864 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.